Spread the word and help honor this landmark civil rights legislation.
Writing a story about the ADA?
Share and Download: Media Kit
ADA News Highlights
Find more news, events and training through the ten regional ADA Centers in the ADA National Network.
- Bridging the Economic Divide for Individuals with Disabilities
- Aging, Disability, and ADA Public Service Announcements from the New England ADA Center
- 7 Facts about Americans with disabilities
- July 2017 EARN Newsletter highlights ADA Anniversary and Tool Kit, ADA Pledge
- FCC Celebrates the 27th ADA Anniversary
- ADA and the FTA: Improving Transit Access for People with Disabilities [Video, 3:06 min.]
- 27 Years of the ADA from the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ)
- Because of the ADA [PDF file]
- Word on the Hill: ADA Anniversary
- Presidential Proclamation for ADA 27th Anniversary
- Fulfilling the Promise of the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Celebrate ADA 27: The 27th Anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act
- ADA Anniversary Update: 27 Years Later [Webinar Archive]
- Celebrate the ADA: Toolkit for 2017 Themes
- How Will You Celebrate the ADA?
- Facts for Features: ADA Anniversary from U.S. Census Bureau
- Women and the ADA (Blog)
- History of "Capital Crawl" - Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990
- ADA Anniversary Celebration 2017: 5 P.M. Interview (captioned video, 2:49 min.)
- 27 Years of Access: ADA Anniversary Celebrations Commerate Groundbreaking Law (captioned video, 4:10 min.)
- Interactive movie party to celebreate 27th anniversary of the ADA
- State of IL 27th ADA Celebration: "ADA: Pathway to Work Opportunities"
- Olmstead, and Emily, Turn 18 Today
- Twitter #ADA27
- Twitter: ADA 27th anniversary
- 5 Things You May Not Know about the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Beyond the Cases: 26 Years of the ADA - The Lives, Faces, and Stories Behind the ADA
- VIDEO: U.S. State Department Marks 26th ADA Anniversary
- Presidential Proclamation - Anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act, 2016
- On ADA anniversary, U.S. Dept. of Education Guidance Reiterates Rights of Students with ADHD
- U.S. Dept. of Education Releases Guidance on Civil Rights of Students with ADHD
- Dept. of Defense (DoD) Program Aids Military Members, Civilian Employees With Disabilities
A national communications initiative to bring breaking news and updates on more than twenty issues, each including a database of subject-matter experts, plus facts and editorials on a variety of critical issues facing millions of Americans with Disabilities and their families.
DisBeat is a project of The ADA Legacy Project (TALP), whose mission - Preserve. Celebrate. Educate. - strives to honor the contributions of people with disabilities by preserving the history of the disability rights movement; celebrating its milestones; and educating the public and future generations - creating a legacy: a world in which every citizen is accepted for who they are.