Celebrate the ADA
Throughout the year, celebrate the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the ADA Anniversary (July 26) in your workplaces, schools and communities. While much progress has been made, much remains to be done.
The Spirit of the ADA
"...The world's first comprehensive declaration of equality for people with disabilities."
President George H.W. Bush,
upon signing the ADA into law on July 26, 1990
- Remembering George H.W. Bush (1924-2018),
A Champion for People with Disabilities
- George H.W. Bush was a champion for people with disabilities
- Video: George H.W. Bush remembered for signing the ADA [2:22 min., captions]
- Podcast: George H.W. Bush, Legislature Leadership and the ADA [30 min., uncaptioned]
Source: 1A - WAMU 88.5
Save the date! Registration opens Jan. 2019
June 16-19, 2019
Themes for December 2018
Shaping a Universal Future
- Resources: International Day of Persons with Disabilities (IDPD)
- ADA Live! archive: The History of Disability, Lessons from the Past
Sharing ADA Stories
- StoryCorps & Disability Visibility Project
- StoryCorps MobileBooth Tour
- Share & Tweet ADA on Social Media
- Media Kit - ADA Celebrations
Questions on the ADA?
This Tool Kit is a project of the ADA National Network and its ten regional ADA Centers across the United States that provide comprehensive "one-stop" information, guidance and training on the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Contact your ADA Center in the ADA National Network at 1-800-949-4232.