Celebrate the ADA
Throughout the year and on the ADA 25th Anniversary - July 26, 2015 celebrate the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in your workplaces, schools and communities. While much progress has been made, much remains to be done.
This Tool Kit is a project of the ADA National Network and its ten regional ADA Centers across the United States that provide information, guidance and training on the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Theme for November 2015
"Honor all who served - In times of war - In times of peace"
- ADA Live! Employment of Veterans & Veterans with Disabilities
Wednesday - December 2, 2015 • 1:00 pm -1:30 pm ET / 12 Noon-12:30 pm CT
- #HONORINGVETS – Show your Support on Twitter
- VAntage Point Blog from U.S. Dept. of Veterans Affairs
Publications & Fact Sheets from ADA National Network
- Guide for Veterans: Know Your Employment Rights Under the ADA [PDF]
- New Rules: Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA)
- Tapping into the Talents of Veterans with Disabilities: Ten Tips for Employers
- Supporting a Veteran with a Disability Returning to Work: Ten Tips for Families
- You Have a Lot to Offer: Ten Points for Veterans to Consider When Returning to Work
- Veterans & Families Resource List from ADA Live!
- Veterans Employment Tool Kit from Department of Veterans Affairs
- Entrepreneurship Bootcamp for Veterans with Disabilities (EBV) from Institute for Veterans and Military Families (IVMF) at Syracuse University
- Greenlight a Vet Program and help show that every Veteran has a story
More: Monthly ADA Themes
Celebrate ADA 25th Anniversary
Media & News
- Media Kit for ADA Anniversary and PLEDGE ON!
- News featuring ADA Anniversary
Events & Celebrations
- Calendar for ADA Anniversary Events on ADA National Network
- Add your ADA Anniversary Events to ADA National Network Calendar
Sharing ADA Stories
- Share your story with Disability Visibility Project & StoryCorps
- Visit & reserve a time with StoryCorps MobileBooth Tour
Learn About the ADA
- Search ADA Publications & Training on ADA National Network
ADA Legacy Tour
The ADA National Network is proud to sponsor the cross-country ADA Legacy Tour and partner with the ADA Legacy Project to promote the theme “Disability Rights are Civil Rights" - participate in interactive exhibits and informative workshops that raise awareness of the ADA and excitement for the 25th ADA Anniversary.
PLEDGE ON! to 25th ADA Anniversary
Become a part of the nationwide celebration to PLEDGE ON! to the ADA - Let's get 25,000 signatures for the 25th ADA Anniversary:
- Individuals - Sign the ADA Pledge
- Organizations and Government - Sign the ADA Proclamation
- Faith Communities - Sign the ADA Proclamation
Questions on the ADA?
The ADA National Network and its ten regional ADA Centers located throughout the United States are your comprehensive "one-stop" resource for information, guidance and training on the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Contact your ADA Center in the ADA National Network at 1-800-949-4232 or visit www.adata.org